Related Video Content:
Add a credit memo reason to credit memo to determine which GL account is impacted. You will need to add a general ledger account before adding the Credit Memo Reason if the GL account does not exist.
Step by Step:
Step 1: Open the CR Memo Reason tab on the Accounting Setup screen (Administration > Accounting > General Setup > Credit Memo Reasons).
Step 2: Click Add.Step 3: Enter a Description of the credit memo.
- Select a GL Account, or click Add Account to create a new GL account.Step 4: Click OK when complete.
- Now that the credit memo reason has been created, you can use the New Credit Memo screen to create a credit memo using the new credit memo reason.
When manually creating a new credit memo, you cannot select a credit memo reason that is set up as an accounting default.
- Credit memos can be manually created using the Credit Memos tab on the Customer screen (Customer > Open a customer > Credit Memos tab > Add button).
- Credit memo reasons are set up as accounting defaults using the Reasons tab on the Accounting Defaults screen (Administration > Accounting > General Setup > Accounting Defaults).
Security Permissions Required
|Administration – Accounting||*Can Access Accounting Tree Branch|
- Customer Account Credit Liability (Administration > Reports > Accounting > Accounts Receivable > Customer Account Credit Liability): View customers with available account credit as of a specified date
Unless explicitly stated, this topic documents the most recent version of Evosus Business Enterprise. If you're not using the latest version, go here to download it.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback