Related Video Content:
Why Order Flags are cool…
They allow for easy filtering and reporting of orders and can be used in conjunction with Order Queues to help you and your co-workers nail down a slick process for any order management scenario. Not using Order Queues yet? Check out these two free videos.
What’s an Order Flag?
Orders are categorized automatically with a status such as open, open-Invoice-Full and Closed. These are generic statuses that don’t offer any detailed information about the varying stages of an order in a process.
- Order Flags are customizable statuses used to offer more detailed information about where an order is at in a particular process. For instance, assigning a flag to an order may help the Service Manager understand why an order has not been scheduled and what the next step to complete the order.
- A few examples of order flags could be: Ready to Schedule, Parts Need Ordered, and Waiting on Parts from PO.
How do you use Order Flags?
Order Flags are manually assigned to Sales, Service and Return Orders using the yellow box in the upper right hand corner and can be changed as often as you need throughout the life of the order.
- Evosus has a few defaults such as New and Complete which are used in Point-of-Sale, but you can add as many customized Order Flags as you need. Follow the steps below to begin setting up your customized list:
Step 1: Go to Administration > Sales > General Setup > Order Flags.
Step 2: Click Add.
Step 3: Enter the Order Flag Name.
Step 4: Click OK to save.
Order Flags display in the following areas:
- Sales Order queue in Customer Profile
- Service Order queue in Customer Profile
- Return Order queue in Customer Profile
- Open Orders queue on Employee Tab
- My Orders & Invoices on Employee Tab
- Order Queues
- Search Unscheduled Orders
Reports with Order Flag filters:
- Open Order Report
- Order Profit Register
- Order Register