Service techs are scheduled to perform service tasks. A service tech can be a single employee, or a group of employees (a crew). For example, if a crew of employees performs all deliveries, you can set up those employees as a single service tech named Delivery Crew.
- If the the service tech has a specific vehicle, set up that vehicle before creating the service tech.
There are two ways to create a new tech:
#1 Automatically when you create a new employee - Check the Employee Can Perform Service and Delivery Tasks box when creating a new employee (Administration > System > Employees > Employees > Add button > Security tab).
#2 Manually - Go to Administration > Service and Delivery > General Setup > Techs > Add button. This is covered in the steps below.
Step by Step:
Step 1: Open the Techs tab (Administration > Service and Delivery > General Setup > Techs).
Step 2: Click Add. The Service Tech screen appears.Step 3: Name - Input the name of the service tech (for example, John B.), or input the name of the group of employees (for example, Delivery Crew).
- Employees will use the Name field to select this service tech. This is what appears on the Search Schedule screen (Administration > Service and Delivery > Search Schedule - Summary by Tech).
Step 4: Phone - This is only used for reference.Step 5: Default Location - This is the starting point used when the application maps the technician's daily schedule.
- Locations are created and maintained by going to Administration > Service and Delivery > General Setup > Locations.Step 6: Default Vehicle - Select the vehicle associated with the tech.
- Vehicles are created and maintained by going to Administration > Service and Delivery > General Setup > Vehicles.Step 7: Manager - Select the manager of the service tech.
- Set up managers to group and filter the service technicians. This is helpful if your service department is split into multiple divisions with separate managers of those divisions - for example, Service Manager, Delivery Manager, and Warehouse Manager.
- Managers are created and maintained by going to Administration > Service and Delivery > General Setup > Managers.Step 8: Associated Employees - Select the employee record associated with this tech. This allows the employee to view their own service schedule.
- If the service tech is a crew of people (for example, Delivery Crew), select all of the employees that belong to the crew.
- An employee should only be assigned to one tech record. If you set up an employee as a tech and also add them to a crew, the employee could be double booked on the schedule.Step 9: Work Hours and Days - Use this section to define when the tech is available.
- Select the days the tech is available.
- Enter a Start and End Time for each working day.
- Enter the length of the lunch break in minutes.
- What if you use Evosus Mobile Services? - Setting up the work hours and work days will not keep a tech from clocking in and clocking out using Evosus Mobile Services.Step 10: Click OK to save the new technician.
- (optional)Update the Tech Skills Matrix. When a new tech is created, by default they will have every skill, quadrant, and request selected on the Tech Skills Matrix.
Security Permissions Required
|Administration-Service & Delivery||Can Access Service/Delivery Tree Branch|